Friday, February 1, 2008

Turning deaf to your own advice is not convincing

Last year, Peter Lye, the IT-infrastructure manager of Power Seraya (my customer's company) gave me a bottle of 12 years Limited Edition Black Label Johnnie Walker Whiskey before he left for greener pasture. I never like Whiskey before and it turned out to be actually enjoyable. The scotch is smoother and has a deeper feel to it compared to the Chivas Regal I had tried before.

Too bad it was 1/2 gone by the time that it reached by claws. Every weekend, I will share a serving with my sister for a good night's sleep. In moderate amount, it promotes good sleep which is particular great after a week of hard work and studies.

My mother started lecturing me about the dangers of alcoholism and blah blah blah, after I have placed the nice bottle on my shelf. I totally ignore her nagging as I know I am a light drinker and certainly, I am not drinking at crazy rates. After 4 months, the remaining content was at the 1/4 mark, meaning I and my sis drank only 1/4 of a bottle in 4 months.

Then suddenly late this month, I found that my 1/4 bottle was reduced to almost none in 2 weeks. My mom had consumed a serving everyday for 2 weeks because it gave her a good sleep. It didn't help when she added that the 12 years scotch tasted good too. She went 2 nights without it and lost sleep immediately. So much for the person warning me about getting addicted to alcohol. My mom just got less and less convincing as I grow up. Now she can chew on her words and flush them down the drain.

And here is a picture of my whiskey that is almost gone, and a new bottle that Seng Chai had bought for me at duty free.



I wonder how long this will actually last me.

Considering that I buy some alcohol every now and then, I didn't get to drink as much as people will imagine.



My dad consumed my supply of Hoegaarden and Tiger beer ...


My sister consumed my collection of various flavours of Baileys Irish cream ...

and now my mom is consuming my Whiskey ...

Next to go will probably be my wine collection ...

It may be cheaper to drink out soon.

No comments: