Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Refund" from Singapore Pools

After a year of buying Toto, Singapore Pools decided to give me a "refund" for the draw just before the hong bao draw. I got back almost as much I have put in for the year, which is not too bad, considering that I can't even get 3 numbers right most of the time on 3 rolls of system 7 quick pick. Although I missed my target by 3 zeros, I can't complain if I managed to get back something at all.

[INSERT WINNING TICKET PCITURE]
Woah !!! I have forgotten to scan my first winning ticket !!! I can't remember what numbers were involved either !!!

However, most of the cash was blew a few days later, because my sister wanted to ditch the Celeron 2.4D. It couldn't do 4 open tabs in firefox and winamp was throwing fits. I don't think I can keep throwing my old PC to my sister, so I bought her a Athlon 64 x2 6000 with 500GB harddisk, 2GB RAM and slap my GeForce 7600GS with a new Razer Krait for good measure. She can now 打包 her Logitech mouse and a Barracuda mousepad for office use.

Not expensive but surely speedy. So now I got a grand total of 3 PCs and 1 laptop at home. I just hope that they will stay in good working condition or I will be very busy spending time on maintenance for sure.

No comments: