Sunday, February 17, 2008

True Horror Stories By Taxi Uncle

This morning, while I was doing Google search on taxis, I ran into this interesting post in sgClub. A poster going by the name of Taxi Uncle wrote a series of short "true" ghost stories in a post. It's quite a fun read given that I had just completed a nightmarishly long database assignment and I have not read Russell Lee's True Singapore Ghost Story for ages.

Here is an tidbit from the first story.

"hi there, this is my first but 100% non-fiction story, hope u like it...:mellow3:

This incident was happened many years ago on a public holiday that fall on a
Sunday in 1998. I was then sleeping tastefully and was suddenly disturbed by
a phone called from the ki tong 乩童 ( medium ) of my temple. I was told to
rush down to our temple for an urgent session. I knew only later that it was
because of a spirit that has possessed on a young lady and a deity dee ya
pek 二爷伯 ( hell deity ) was appointed to take the job. By the time i reached
the temple at about 11am, i saw a young lady already sitting inside our
temple just beside our 'yim tua' altar ( altar setup with hell deities statues ). i
walked near to her and hurriedly setup the altar for preparation to invite the
deity dee ya pek. That was my virgin experienced coming so closely with a
human body that is now possess with a spirit inside her. And it was still inside
her. My feeling then was very tense. She keep staring at me becos i was just
standing beside her. she looked lost but calm and could be wondering what
are we trying to do to her. I presume 'she' was not a Taoist."

Come and scare yourself !

No comments: