Thursday, August 31, 2006

Where is my 8 Goretusk Livers ?

Quest: Goretusk Liver Pie

Objectives:

Salma Saldean needs 8 Goretusk livers to make a Goretusk Liver Pie.

Game Description:

The onions are peeled. The garlic is minced. The rosemary is crushed. The crust has been baked. The dill weed is chopped. The gravy is simmering. Now all I need for my famous meat pie are 8 Goretusk Livers!"

The image “http://wow.allakhazam.com/images/icons/INV_Misc_Organ_04.png” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. x 8 only

Wow, sounds easy ah ? This is only a level 12 quest for World of Warcraft (WoW), it can't be hard right ? Just kill a couple of Goretusk and I can complete the quest in 15 mins !

1 whole hour later, after running around Westfall, I was grumbling about the slow respawn rates of Goretusks, their limited population and the insanely low drop rates of Goretusk livers. This is despite of the average drop rate of 26.52% (An average of 32 boars killed to obtain 8 livers).

Hey don't all pigs have livers in them ? Why do I have to kill so many pigs for an hour to get 8 livers ?

The image “http://wow.allakhazam.com/images/mobs/goretusk.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Oii Oii, you want a piece of me huh ?

Junming had also pondered on this fact too. The games drops ain't that realistic, but hey, it's just a game right ? Maybe during the killing process, I have damaged the pigs' liver beyond recognition ? Could it be my ice bolts froze the liver and my fireball toasted them so badly?

Give me a break ! This is insane !

It reminds me of the quill rat (a large rat) in diablo 2 which can drop items as large as lance. A lance is a polearm 3.65m long and weights 4.5-6.8kg. It can mysteriously appear after you kill the rat. Very incredible.
The image “http://www.3-d-models.com/3d-model_files/pikes.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
How does a rat carries these around ?

Ok, it's not the first quest in games that asked me to spend hours, collecting some grotesque items such as hearts, livers,eyes or some other random body parts. Hmm...Diablo 2 also has that, maybe it's because both games are made by Blizzard.

The road to level 60 continues...

No comments: