Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Jiakhang, the bearer of IT bad news

I should be feared as the bearer of IT bad news wherever I work at. It applies in SLS too, as I often have to break bad news to customers everyday.

I think I have the tendacy to give annoucements to my colleagues on all kind of IT issues in any company I worked in. The last time it was the Overland Powerloader backup drive (USD$4799.99 without tax and delivery).
The image “http://www.overlandstorage.com/images/powerloader.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

While trying to locate some files to do a backup with, something odd was shown on my screen : There is nothing there. After a flurry of commands, I realised the gravity of the situation. Now it's an entire database that went missing! Somebody actually wiped a database off a mission critical application ! Why am I fated to find such lobang ? It's not some noob who did it, it had to be someone with administrator rights ! The IT team went ballistic at the news.

And the saga continues tomorrow. The witch hunt has begin !

No comments: