Sunday, August 6, 2006

Mosquito Alert !

We have a situation here ! If you live near block 418 and 419 at Ang Mo Kio, armed yourself with whatever anti-moquito weaponary possible !

Water1_1The Awakening

While brushing my teeth after lunch on Saturday, I looked out of my kitchen window and saw trouble.

Here is the view of many pre-fab concrete structures for the new utility rooms. Spot the problem yet?

For those who can't figure out what's happening, we are having a upgrading excerise here.




Water2_1 A closer look

Ok, see the rectangular concrete blocks ? They are holding water in them ? Hear about dangerous construction sites breeding mosquitoes ? I have 1 just a stone throw away !!!

These concrete stabs are perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes !

Stagnant water = Blood losses for us

Water3 Look look ! Siao liao lah !

And behold ! I don't want to die yet ! Cuiyan got stabbed by dengue laden mosquitoes some time ago. I don't want to be next.

Hell no !

When i raised the issue with my sister, I realised that nobody knew how long the water has been collecting there. The main issue is the stabs below the top ones, these have protection from the sun and could have collected water too.

It's a Saturday when I am writing this. I got work on weekdays. I go to work earlier than the construction office opening hours and return after the construction closing hours. I don't have their contact number. Doh !

I don't think anyone have place insecticide in the water, nor is there any fish in it. It's a breeding heaven for mosquitoes.

You have been warned. Armed yourself ! Prepare your defences ! Your home is no longer safe !

* Update * 06 August 2006, 2.20am - While i was brushing teeth, I looked out of the kitchen window and, whew, the trailer with the concrete stabs was gone. It has been moved somewhere else. But the danger remains, it could be still nearby......

No comments: