Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Saturday out with my sisters

On friday, I psycho my sister successfully to forget about going to work OT for free, and go for the dragonboat practice at Kallang Water Sports Centre organised by MDS instead. Why bother to work extra when the bosses are not around to see ? According to my rules of engagement, this is a no-no situation especially when the work involved is never ending. And so today, instead of working so hard, she went to play hard.

Kwsc

Here is my sisters at Kallang Water Sports Centre. Met Hui Ling and Lay Ting from Power Seraya there too. They had came for the earlier time slot as part of the company sports event. Regina had left an hour earlier, so I missed her. Now I know who are the sporting ones at Power Seraya. 3 ladies and no guys. *cough cough*

Ndppreview
At the boarding area, we saw some army guys in #4 doing some kind of rehearsal. There is a yellow balloon attached to each of the boats, possibly part of the national day programme. So watch out for it soon.

Safetydemo

My sister is in group 11, with students from Bedok Secondary. Here is the safety and basic theory demonstration on dragon boat operation. Instead of starting at 1.30pm, it dragged and dragged to almost 2.30pm before the fun begins.

Starting
Fortunately my sister is not heavy, and I have practice lifting her. I loaded her onto the 4th position from the front of dragon boat faster than any of the other folks from MDS. And the water looks dirty to me. Yikes, I am not going to swim in this.

Rowboat
The fun stops after 1 hour on the dragon boat. Her my sister is holding the paddle for display purposes only. She just sat through the whole thing with the rest of the Bedok Secondary kids. After a quick goodbye, we decided to go Suntec for the rest of the day. We got lucky while trying to hail a cab at Oasis. It was a deserted place to begin with. A cab came from a distance away and saw us waving fanatically at him. Hence we saved $$$ because we did not have to call for a cab.

Defibbillator

Found a defibrillator outside the toilet at Suntec Convention Hall. Did someone die of a heart attack to prompt the management to do this ?

Slippers_1
Wearing socks with slippers surely look weird on me. Luckily, not for long though.

Exit_1
An exit that goes into another dimension.

Pizza
A rather cheesy dinner at Pizza Hut. A curry chicken pizza with cheese fondue on top and cheese sticks. Woah sinful ! Along with another Aloha lover pizza, our dinner was settled.

No comments: