Friday, July 13, 2007

Blaming Microsoft Calculators

While sniffing deals on the auction house in Ironforge (Alliance city in WoW), I was trying to confirm a price with the windows calculator. I punched in the following figures ...

me : 196 divide by 14 [ENTER]

windows calculator : *No response*
me : eh ? [Enter]
windows calculator : *returns result* -->> 1

I am not genius in maths, but 196 divided by 14 is NOT equal to 1. I repeated a few times and got the same result. Convinced that this is a bug in windows calculator, I tried the same calculations on my O2 Atom PDA running windows mobile 2003.

Alas, the same crap turned up.

I guess Microsoft programmers have something against 196 divided by 14. It will not yield the correct result. Don't rely too much on the Windows calculator. Who knows what else is affected.

Edit : I cock lah. 196 divided by 14 is 14 !! Early morning blur-ness.

No comments: