Thursday, November 22, 2007

Sotong Devil makes tea

Have you ever wonder when do you need some caffeine to start the day ? I guess I could really use a cup of tea yesterday morning. Feeling sleepy, I went to the pantry to make a cup of lipton tea. Having a high sensitivity to caffeine, means that I do not usually drink coffee as it will cost me my sleep at the end of the day. So I have always sticked to tea.

As usual, I will grab 2 packs of creamer and 1 pack of sugar after drowning the tea bag in hot water. I then made my way back to the storeroom which is really my helpdesk HQ for the past 1.5 years and the foreseeable future.

I have a habit of adding in the creamer and sugar about 2 minutes after adding in the hot water. So it was time to do so. I looked into the cup and saw something astonishing.

The water is still clear.

Tea_bag

Wait a minute, tea bags are not computers and they do not malfunction. I stared at the cup for 5 seconds, lost in thoughts. I held the cup closer for a look and saw that the tea bag didn't diffuse it's goodness into the water at all. Then it dawned on me that the cup feels cold and there was no steam rising.

Oh yes, I have added cold water into the cup instead of boiling hot water. So boys and girls, you can't make tea with cold water. It will not work.

No comments: