Saturday, April 14, 2007

I have $2.65 Million !!!

I have finally archive what many can only dream of : I am now a multi-millionaire ! Screw you all who have looked down at me, those who have scorned me woahhhhaahaaa !Just look at the money below, so many zeros !!!

Money

Before I get carried away further, let's do a reality check first. It's Indonesian rupiah, not Singapore dollars. If only the notes came with Yusof or Washington's head instead. Sigh. This is meant for my upcoming trip to Indonesia.

I went to Musafa Shopping Centre to convert some cash for the trip today. Their rates is quite good. The inexperienced young chap serving me couldn't quite figure out how to best do the conversion. He took 5 minutes keying away on his computer, and ended up voiding his first calculations. His colleagues did help him much, and he was taking far too long, so he decided to end this quickly. He passed me my receipt with the cash, and I went to a corner to count the cash.

My guess is that converting Asian's highest value currency to the lowest isn't easy. There is too many zeros in the conversion. Instead of 2.6 million, I ended up with a extra blue note for a grand total of 2.65 million ! Being a realist dishonest cheapskate, I ran off with the extra cash instead of owning up.

While I was queuing up for my turn at the money changer, the queue to my right had a mini drama going on. As a young chinese couple stepped up for their turn, a Indian man cut before them and started talking to the money changer. The stunned couple stood in disbelief for a few seconds, before the young lady show the Indian man what the Singapore woman Auntie power is like. The young man was useless, he didn't attempt to help his woman. Utterly useless man. What a shame. It went something like this.

Young lady : Hey, you are cutting queue ! There is a queue behind you know !
Indian Man : Wait I am talking to the money changer.
Young lady : You queue up behind first (Getting very impatient)
Indian Man : I got queue number, i go first. (hand holding a piece of paper)

I looked around the money changer, there is no queue number display. My deduction is that the piece of paper is probably a quotation from the money changer previously. That does not constitute a queue number. So does the young lady, she didn't buy it.

Young lady : No, you queue behind me ! (pushes her man to block the Indian man)
Young lady : You cut my queue ! Do you think the money changer will serve YOU ?!? (money changer eyes grew wide, while Indian man got pushed away from the counter)

And so the money changer went on to serve the young couple instead. I would have done the same if I was in their situation. I really hate people who try to smoke me.

Anyway, my sisters and mother weren't too thrill to be multi-millionaires. The stack of notes wasn't very appealing . Hahaha so, that's the end for now.

More on the trip (20-24 April) when I get back.

No comments: