Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Screwed Transcab Booking Experience

This is the most screwed taxi booking I have ever made so far, made to Transcab after a birthday dinner with my sisters.

I made a booking for a Transcab at Anguilia Park, Liat towers taxi stand. The booking was confirmed at about 9.45pm and I was told that the cab 5373 will reach in 5 minutes. I don't expect the cab to show up in 5 minutes but after 15 minutes of watching cabs from other taxi operators picking up customers who made taxi bookings after I did, I got pissed.

I am glad that I did, as the operator who took my call said that the cab 5373 did not manage find me at the taxi stand, and left after failing to speak to me on the phone. Hey ! That's new. I didn't even get a missed call or an incoming call on my phone and the operator claimed that the taxi driver tried to call me on the phone. I accepted his doubtful words and got another cab to come instead as it's useless to debate this point. The usual "The cab will be coming in 5 minutes" phrase was used, though it's really hard to achieve in practise. Maybe it's a dumb company policy to do so.

The next cab did show up in 10 minutes, which is reasonable. During conversation on the ride back home with the taxi uncle, he pointed out that the (Transcab) taxi drivers are not able to call customers as they do not have customer's numbers. To contact the customers, they have to do so through the operators. Well Comfort drivers are able to do so, but Transcab can't ?

This clearly shows several points of conflicts. Cab 5373 was supposed to be at the taxi stand, couldn't find me, made a call, failed to get through and left.

  1. Cab 5373 did not came to the taxt stand at all.
  2. The only Transcab that came around were carrying customers already, just passing through.
  3. If cab 5373 is making a call while trying to locate me, I should have seen the cab.
  4. If cab 5373 actually tried to make a call, I should have a incoming call or missed call.
  5. The 2nd taxi driver claimed that drivers do not have customers' contacts, which conflicts with the words of the operator.
  6. Even if the driver do not have the customers' contacts, they should have updated the operator to check the situation, but nobody did anything.

Come on, if you want to lie to me, at least come up with a better story. Either the operator messed up, the first driver screwed up, the operator and the first driver tried to play punk or both the drivers and the operators didn't tell the truth.

My experience with Comfort is positive compared to Transcab. When Comfort can't locate me, the driver can still call me up and make arrangements. Transcab ? Somebody(s) screwed up and everybody keep quiet. Very impressive.


[Deleted Transcab number from phone]

No comments: