Friday, October 19, 2007

Anti-Ang Mo Weirdo on the loose

On my way to work, I have to walk through a bridge linking Harbourfront centre to Harbourfront tower 1. This morning, as I was walking behind a Ang Mo towards tower I, and a dirty and shabby looking 35+ chinese came towards us in the opposite direction. He diverted from his path and came walking towards the Ang Mo.

Guess what, there were no other people on the bridge and this guy just have to came chest to chest with the Ang Mo and snorted really loudly ! That was unbelievably rude ! I was a good 3 metres behind and still hear the sick sounding snorts.

That was a WTF moment. The Ang Mo appeared stunned at his weird behaviour and stood rooted for a second. He turned around, raised his voice at the bloody rude bastard asking what is his problem.

My evil senses alert me of a possible showdown so I decided to hang around for a while longer to kay-po kay-po, hoping for a chance to see a fist fight between the two to start my day. Well you know the saying, happiness must be built on someone else sorrow, and what's the chance of watching a chinese guy fighting against a Ang Mo ? Will it be Bruce Lee style ending where a chinese guy can hum-dum a Ang Mo to tears?

No !!! That was not to be. The chinese guy turned around, and looked at the Ang Mo with a confused look, obviously unable to comprehend the Ang Mo's words or maybe even the situation. I couldn't tell if he did it on purpose but the Ang Mo decided to let it go. My adrenaline fix was denied by the ball-less Ang Mo. So I continue my way back to the office to start another boring day.

The boring day was given a glimpse of hope when my colleague told me that there was a group 2 winner who bought a system 7 Toto ticket at the outlet at Seah Inn market. That's 60k !!! I bought a system 7 ticket there !

And so I took out my ticket from my wallet, cross my fingers and started matching the ticket I have bought. The first 2 numbers matched ! That's so exciting ! And then ......

Obviously I didn't win. I will never be so dumb to announce a big win on my blog. I will go nuts from the attention generated...you know the abalone porridge thingy I always joke about. My bad luck continued as usual, and the ticket of hope became a piece of paper reminding me of my jinxed luck.

No comments: